Senior Communications Manager (m/w/d)
Senior Communications Manager (m/w/d)
For our client , a large player in the Social Media , we are currently hiring a Senior Communications Manager (f/m/d) for Hamburg.
This person will support other communication initiatives in Austria and Switzerland, with an emphasis in consumer communications. The successful candidate has strong media contacts across consumer, trade, corporate, technology media covering print, broadcast and social.
- Drive positive coverage across media and social platforms that reaches audiences important to Instagram
- Develop and execute creative communications strategies and initiatives to support Instagram’s operations in Germany
- Organise press briefings, media sessions, and events. Prepare briefing materials and brief executive spokespeople locally and in the US
- Educate users, press and influencers about Instagram products and initiatives
- Respond to and route incoming media requests from media across Germany
- Manage a budget and agency support within Germany
- Work closely with the rest of the Instagram Communications team in Germany, EMEA and the US on the consumer and business side;
- Work and consult regularly with cross-functional teams - company, many of whom are in Hamburg, London and California, particularly with partnerships, marketing, policy, product and sales;
- Conceptualize and execute creative consumer PR campaigns with media and other partners and support business communications manager;
- Protect and enhance awareness of Instagram and its products in mainstream consumer media outlets.
- Manage the strategy and response on reputational issues.
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent and the ability to apply relevant knowledge from this field to communications
- 10+ years professional experience in communications or public relations including crisis communications
- Experience working on the ground in Germany necessary (additional experience in the DACH, Benelux and CEE regions, a plus);
- Have strong existing media relationships in Germany;
- have knowledge of the social and digital industry, young audiences, the industry and creators landscape and have strong experience in developing and executing high-profile communications initiatives and campaigns, and managing issues
- Experience working with corporate, tech, lifestyle and business/marketing media and influencers and developing social campaigns to achieve communications goals;
- Strong project management and decision-making skills;
- Excellent communications and decision-making skills; along with strong project management skills;
- Experience in managing PR agencies and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Deep understanding and passion for Instagram and Facebook is essential;
- The ideal candidate is capable of articulating complex issues in an easy-to-digest manner, and has a passion for creating new projects and building relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and management skills are both key to success in this role.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills both in English and German, other European languages a plus.
Our offer to you:
- Employment contract with Nash direct with an attractive relocation and salary package
- An exciting environment and cutting-edge projects at global brands and hidden champions
- Personal and individual support by our Account Managers and HR team
- Be part of the Nash direct team and connect with your colleagues throughout Germany
Interested? Then we would love to receive your application and we guarantee a quick feedback!
For more information on the role please get in touch with Aspasia Joannidou.
For over 30 years, Nash direct has been helping remarkable people to win exciting roles at world-leading technology companies in Germany. Our Mission is to give our employees the best possible experience in working with us.
Tel.: +49 711 20705 231
Mobil: +49 151 11323422
Pulheim (50259), Nordrhein-Westfalen
München (81249), Bayern
Böblingen (71032), Baden-Württemberg